Jesus got me through it, as He promised.
Structure was my key word. I was hungry, and my stomach was growling but I was content.
I had a blueberry Clif Bar for breakfast and coffee.
Lunch was a McDonald's southwest salad.
Dinner was 2 chicken strips and 1/2 c. mashed potato, and grapes.
After lax practice I picked up Coco and a friend and took them to the MLB game. We won! "The best game ever." Stopped at Wendys for chicken nuggets and a frosty for them, I only had a strawberry tea!
I stopped at Sams to pick up chicken and beef so I have my refrigerator stocked to make the food I need for my meals. So many food temptations, but i kept my focus, structure!
Coco came home from the game and was so excited about all the great things that happened: "streakers", a grand slam, coming from behind, catching up and winning, the best 25 game start ever, beating the Chi townies, and great junk food with friends. BD and I were already in bed, and she came in and told us all about it. I love it when they have so much fun and make great memories like that.
It was a sad day. BD BIL died early in the morning on Tuesday, 5/5. His SIL broke her wrist on the way to visit him earlier in the day, 5/4.
I was able to meet with my bookclub ladies for a prayer meeting/drive to the Holy Family Shrine. We prayed for my BIL and lots of other intentions. It was delightful and peaceful. We prayed a rosary on the way there, a rosary at the shrine and a rosary on the way back. We even had time for good conversation too.
God is so good to me. I know that this is day one and it should be pretty easy to begin, but as I've dieted more of my life than I haven't, I am doing this as a life commitment and not a diet. Jesus is my Way. If I follow the structure He will get me through the challenges.
Praised be Jesus, now and forever. Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment